We are about one month from relaunching the Dwarven Smithy Kickstarter on September 19th. We want to thank you again for supporting our game and hope on the next campaign, we earn your support once again.
- Ads will start in the next few weeks.
- We said this in the last campaign too, but getting the word out is key to funding the game. When you see a post for the game, be sure to like, retweet and share.
- We need your support on Board Game Geek - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/198414/dwarven-smithy
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FlatworksGaming/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/flatworksgaming
- We are gearing up for Gen Con this week. We have 14 sold out events and will try to run events on the side.
- We'll be in the First Exposure Playtest Hall (FEPH) each day at Gen Con so please, stop by and see us.
- We have demo tables lined up for Cincitycon October 6-8th.
- We've added a new startup step where players start the game with four unrefined resources in their workshop.
- This speeds up gameplay and removes the feeling of the delay on the first two turns.
- Games were sent to Unfiltered Gamer, Board Game Quest, All Us Geeks and Tantrum House for review.
- Special thanks to Tom Pellitieri (Santa Tom), who offered to run several games at the Queen city Conquest convention in Buffalo, NY Sept 8th, and 9th.
- We are working with the Tantrum House to freshen up the Kickstarter Page.
- The game is getting new icons and coin art from a talented artist, Karin Wittig.
- We added a new coin denomination, 3s, and also colored the coins for easy sorting.
- We are in the process of making custom metal coins available through the Kickstarter. We need to sell at least 50 sets of 80 coins to justify and cover the cost to make them.
- We will update the website as soon as the new art is added to the cards and coins.
Unlike other games, where the Kickstarters get you in at the base level and then add components to complete the game. Dwarven Smithy is a complete game without any stretch goals. Our goals will focus on better components/quality in the game, not quantity.
Mike, Craig, and Charlie